Burt's Bees Gloss Lip Crayon in Tahitian Sunrise

Oh, another lip crayon! I promise, after going through all my backlog of random crap I bought with drugstore coupons, I will go on a purge and be selective. 
Burt's Bees Gloss Lip Crayon is another new comer in the chubby crayon world, when it's no longer popular (now it's all about warm brown and/or matte). Being on the more expensive side (10ish), the package is also easier on the eyes and hand. I remember whole range is more muted and muddy so I picked the bright and happy one named Tahitian Sunrise.
If this were released earlier, I would have been crazy about the formula (but then I probably wouldn't have picked it up as I only paid 3-5 dollars per item back in the days): It's smooth, easy to glide, pigmented, comes with soft gloss and stays on without leaving any stain.
Tahitian Sunrise is a creamy, near opaque coral rose that looks...I don't know what it looks because it's a strange color that just sits there, looking a bit bold, glossy and red. I might like it if the texture is more sheer or the color is more muted but for its current state, no thanks.
While it's not as some auntie mauve from auntie brand, I think the combination of  near garish bright color, texture and near opaque coverage looks rather dated, not even in a glamorous retro way.

Despite the great formula, Tahitian Sunrise is not something I want to wear for a second time. I mean, at least I can do clown makeup with the other brights that didn't work out.

Comments